August 2015 Video, Discussion & a Meal: “What Does God Look Like?” – Floyd McClung
- If we’re honest, most of us have an image come to mind when we think of “God”. How do you imagine God looks like?
- The Bible says, “No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,[a] who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.” (John 1:18) When you think of Jesus, what do you see?
- Floyd mentioned three stories of Jesus that show what God is like (below). Which of these are congruent or incongruent with what you think God is like?
- Welcoming children (Luke 18:15-17)
- Going to a rejected woman (John 4:7-26)
- Saving a family from shame at a wedding feast (John 2:1-11)
- Floyd shared a story of a woman “whose pain had shaped her image of God.” Is this true at all for you? Where might God be inviting you to reconsider who He is by examining, or re-examining, the life of Jesus?
Here’s an easy meal suggestion for a group that capitalizes on the freshness of summer fruits and vegetables.
- First, choose any one of these delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian salads:
- Then, boil some fresh corn on the cob.
- Grab a loaf of artisan bread and butter.
- Finally, end with some yummy summer pie and you’re good to go!