July 2016 Video, Discussion & a Meal: “Finding Love in Brokenness” – Lynne Hybels
- Lynne relates an early understanding of God, and an experience of faith, that is painfully familiar to many people. Do you now, or have you ever, understood God to be harsh and demanding? How does your understanding of Jesus align or conflict with this? Why?
- As Lynne spent years soaking in the stories and teachings of Jesus, she came to understand Jesus as the One who “sees” her, and the One who loves her for her true self, despite her failures. Do you understand Jesus this way? Have you always?
- What does it mean to “get honest and lean into the brokenness inside of me?” Is that a welcome or frightening thought?
- Not only did Lynne find Jesus to be the lover of her soul, but she found in Him a radical call to compassionate action in the world. Do you think that “Jesus followers” are known for compassionate action in the world? Why or why not? If you believe this to be true of Jesus, what does it mean for your life?
- What part of Lynne’s story connects with you, and why? Is there a personal response, or vulnerable questions, stirring in you?
There’s not much better or easier than a fresh grilled summertime burger! But, Bobby Flay has some tips to bring out the best the beef and grill have to offer!
And, here’s a delicious dijon-based potato and green bean summer salad…the perfect side!