October 2016 Video, Discussion & a Meal: “Why Jesus?” – Carl Medearis
- Do you differentiate between Christian doctrine and Jesus? Which influences your thoughts, lifestyle, and opinions more frequently? Explain.
- When you think of God, do you “see” Jesus? Do you agree with Carl’s statement that “if we want to understand God, whom we can’t see, then we need to look at Jesus, whom we did see.” Are there any statements, stories, or actions of Jesus that conflict with how you “want” God to be?
- What do you think about being a “fan” of Jesus vs. being a disciple? Do we miss something when we understand this as an either/or proposition? How do you see yourself?
- In the story about the Saudi princess, Floyd and Carl initially have very different reactions to the princess. Do you resonate with one of them more than the other? Why? What about this story strikes you most?
Here’s a simple and delicious meal suggestion:
- Nothing says “FALL” like a big pot of chili! Try this slow-cooker recipe.
- Add some easy corn bread.
- Serve up some chopped onions, grated cheese, jalapeños, sour cream or whatever fun toppings sound good to you.
- Top off the meal with some Pumpkin Crunch Cake.